Reflections and Resources
Dear IPI Community Members
I’m reaching out to all of you to express my heartfelt support during these tumultuous times when the ground is shifting under us at every moment. Amid the fast-paced nature of life during the coronavirus pandemic, we’re all challenged to adapt to a new set of circumstances in our personal and professional lives.
Fortunately, our distance learning community at IPI affords us a unique opportunity to draw upon our individual connections and community resource so we can overcome these challenges together. Fear and uncertainty pervade every sector of our lives and every region of the world, yet we will get through these daunting impediments as a whole.
More than ever, we are challenged to retain our thinking capacity on behalf of ourselves, our loved ones, and the patients whom we serve. It is not an easy task to access our listening resources, creative thinking, and generative spirit, amid the global crisis with its attendant uncertainties and significant human toll and tragedy.
Thankfully, our community offers a protective shield within which we can shore up our resources. You will find several opportunities and resources listed below that I hope you will find useful.
- States Waiving Licensure Requirements/Renewals in Response to COVID-19
- The IPA podcast “Off the Couch” has begun interviews with internationally reputed analysts who discuss the COVID-19 pandemic. Click on this link to listen to a podcast with Marilia Aisenstein.
- Questions on teleanalysis from Italy
- APsaA telemental health resources
- IPA Telemental health recommendations
- Resource List for Conducting Teletherapy and Teleanalysis
- Getting Started on Zoom for Secure Videoconference Psychotherapy or Psychoanalysis
- Basics for Starting Teletherapy and Teleanalyis
- Changes in Frames: Covid-19 and Teleanalysis blog post by Yolanda Varela Ph.D.
Working with Kids and Adolescents
- Impact of COVID-19 on Older Children and Adolescents
- Impact of COVID-19 on Young Children
- Cheat Sheet for Parents who are Homeschooling
- The National Association of School Psychologists How to talk to kids
- World Health Organization Help kids cope with stress
- The American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Tips on talking with kids and adolescents
- Children’s National Answers for kids questions about covid
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration Age appropriate ways to talk to kids
Responding to Virtual Connections
- Thoughts about IPI Online Weekend Conference blog post by Jill Scharff M.D.