At IPI SLC, we offer training opportunities for psychotherapists at all skill levels, from student to seasoned clinician. Our training events, offered in conjunction with IPI’s national programs, provide a wide variety of programs to suit your interests.
IPI SLC’s training opportunities include:
- Master Speaker Videoconference Seminar
- Workshops and Seminars on Selected Topics
- Courses on Object Relations Theory and Technique
- Movie Nights
- Consultation Groups
- Special Conferences with Invited Guests (past speakers include Caroline Garland, Judith Mitrani, Ted Jacobs, Otto Kernberg, David and Jill Scharff, Christopher Bollas, Mark Epstein)
- Study Groups
- Supervision Opportunities
(Note: Not all of these training events may be offered in a given year.)
In addition, IPI SLC has partnered with Westminster College, a private independent liberal arts college in Salt Lake City. As a result of that partnership, members of IPI faculty help teach a Master’s Degree program in Mental Health Counseling, and Westminster students are able to take advantage of IPI SLC’s training opportunities.
Through IPI and IPI SLC you can improve your practice and earn continuing education credit. You’ll find a secure learning environment in which to learn object relations and psychodynamic theory, integrate it with your own experience, and apply it to your clinical practice.
Our multidisciplinary faculty includes well-known practitioners who are among the leading educators in the field. The present courses in all aspects of psychodynamic theory and therapy that will appeal to every mental health professional.